Friday, May 15, 2009

Getting Knitty - Eighth

Eighth piece:





Now, these hats were FUN! I have made five of them now and they are so very easy to make. I knit them in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino aran which is lush! These were the first thing that I've knit on the round, on a set of needles that are joined to one another. Again, this is a pattern that I have got off of the internet and it's worked out pretty well. It did have an odd cast on, I think it's called the chain link cast on, which makes the bottom of the hat more stretchy. It also has a wide rib cuff at the bottom, which again contributes to the stretchy bottom. I think I should have also made them a little longer, as they fit my kids pretty well, but the rest of us have bloody great heads and mine keeps popping off. I made one for my brother for Christmas. I did make it longer and it fit me better than mine did. He probably doesn't use it, but we get quite a lot of wear out of ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment