Friday, May 15, 2009

Getting Knitty - Third

Third piece:



This took me about two weeks to complete. I loved it! I bought an excellent book by Zoë Mellor with all sorts of toddler knits in it. This had a complicated daisy pattern knit into it which I didn't feel up to doing, so I chose a variegated acrylic and knit the cardigan straight, without following the intricate daisy. The stitches are stockingette for the body, seed stitch (or moss stitch) along the button front, collar and the pocket top, and a flaring seed stitch which is used to make the ruffles along the bottom and cuffs. The variegations came out really nicely as a kind of striping which eveyone who saw it thought I had knitted in, but I hadn't, which was cool. It washed nicely too and she wore it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment