Friday, May 15, 2009

Getting Knitty - First

I've accomplished a few bits and pieces, though I have lots I would like to do. I haven't done as many things as I would like, simply because I don't sit and do nothing with my hands most of the time. When I used to watch TV a lot, I used to get far more knitting done than I do these days :)

First piece:





I made the hat and scarf a long while back, as I was just getting back into knitting. I learned to knit when I was 12 when my dad taught me. I made a scarf (ish) and half a sweater but I wasn't very good at holding my tension and I really didn't understand patterns. So this set was the first thing I'd made since taking up the needles again, four years ago.

I made it with very cheap Lion Brand bobbly multi coloured acrylic on US size 8 needles in basic stockingette stitch. I even made the bobble! She still wears the hat occasionally!

No comments:

Post a Comment