Friday, May 15, 2009

Getting Knitty - Fifth

Fifth piece:




This is really my five-point-one piece! I made Imogen a shrug for dancing as I'd been unable to find her one, even in the dance stores, which I found both annoying and slightly odd. I found a good on-line pattern, it took me about four days to knit it up and she was pleased with it. Then I had my sister's birthday coming up and thought that she might like something similar as shrugs were in that year as a fashion item! I got the wool, this is Lion brand acrylic again but it's their suede feel yarn, stockingette stitch on US size 6 needles and made in about a week.

I fit it to me but made it slightly bigger as she's taller than me by about 6 inches and was wider then too. I loved it! What a great colour. Learning from my previous mistake with my nephew's sweater, I sewed a label into it, so that she could see it was hand knit and which way up it should go. Even so, she still asked me where I got it from! So my knitting can't be all that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment